Passive Solar Tudor House Plan
About this plan
- This European home is an English Country design with Tudor influences that pays homage to the proportions and exterior details of old post and beam construction.
- An efficiently organized floor plan includes a generous kitchen, dining room, gathering room and den area for spacious first floor living.
- A huge bay window bathes the kitchen in winter sunlight and makes a cheery work center with good views to the back yard.
- The rear solar elevation of this home continues the English style with Oriel bay windows and bracketed porch overhangs.
- Glass doors from both dining and den areas capture maximum sun and provide easy access to the backyard.
- The upstairs packs three bedrooms and an office under the roof structure for efficient space with minimum exterior exposed walls.
- The office bay window gives a "Captain's Quarters" feeling to the space along with a vaulted and paneled ceiling.
- The master suite has a huge walk-in closet and a bright and sunny master bathroom to catch the sun's heat in winter.
- The centrally located wood stove and chimney form the heart of the home and put the warmth where it belongs.