Passive Solar House Plan With Bonus Loft
About this plan
- Make sure you point the window-filled or "solar" side of this house plan to the south to take full advantage of the passive solar benefits of the design.
- The fabulous great room is vaulted and can be viewed from the bonus loft above. Windows fill the wall and help make this a dramatic space.
- The kitchen is a main beneficiary of the great room windows, as it is open to that space. Casual seating at the service counter is a nice feature of the kitchen design, as is the spacious pantry.
- Porches are accessible from each room on the solar side.
- Cubbies and a built-in bench are great touches in the entry.
- The master is as private as can be and has a vaulted ceiling, as do the other rooms in the home.
- The upstairs loft gives you more room to enjoy, and there is ample storage upstairs as well.